Join me for tips, updates and some real
Mind + Body Nourishment!
Download your free Stress Conquering Wellness Guide
It really doesn’t get more quick, simple or tasty than a classic bruschetta,
I added a little sweet & salty kick with a reduced Balsamic Vinegar & some chopped Capers Berries.
Makes: 1 - 2 cups
Prep Time: 15 mins Chill Time: 1 hour
– 1 to 2 cups Organic Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
(Make sure they’re nice & ripe!
Try the Heirloom varieties of these little guys if you can find them for some awesome added color.)
– Splash Fresh Lemon Juice & Zest
– Sweet Red Onion, about 1 tbsp per cup of Tomatoes
– 1 - 2 cloves Garlic, minced
– Fresh Basil, julienned
– Chopped Caper Berries
– Good Splash Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Camelina Oil
(Camelina Oil has an amazing earthy flavor and is full of Omega 3's, give it a go!)
– Drizzle of your favorite Balsamic Glaze
(This can be home made but requires quite a bit of balsamic vinegar: Place 2 cups & simmer “low and slow” on stove top for at least 1/2 hour over medium low heat.
If you do decide to make your own try infusing your vinegar with your favorite herbs or garlic for additional flavor!)
– Chili Flakes, pinch
– Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
– Himilayan Sea Salt
*Raw Food Option*
- Dehydrated crackers or pizza crusts work great in place of a traditional bread
- Omit Balsamic Reduction
How To Do It
1. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl, taste & adjust seasonings.
2. Chill at least an hour to allow flavors to develop.
3. Taste & re-season Bruschetta if needed, serve with your dehydrated or baked flax crackers
on the side for scooping.