Join me for tips, updates and some real
Mind + Body Nourishment!
Download your free Stress Conquering Wellness Guide
I feared the "Cauliflower Pizza Crust" for the longest time, thinking it simply couldn't be.
A crust that was low in carbohydrates, full of good for you fat, would prove to be hearty enough to hold toppings and actually tasted good?
I'd anticipated a fail and fail I did, but with a determination to figure this thing out I managed to pull together a recipe that not only hosted an abundance of veggies but crisped up nicely and had great texture, so here it is!
I wish you all the success with this one!
Makes: 1 large pizza, 12 - 15 Slices
Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 head Cauliflower, pureed
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Chickpea Flour
- Chia Egg
(2 tbsp ground Chia Seeds + 6 tbsp Water)
- 1 tbsp additional Chia Seed
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
- Himalayan Sea Salt
Sauce & Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Arugula & Sweet Basil Pesto
- Artichoke Hearts, diced
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Veggies are fair game, whatever you have on hand!
- Vegan or Nut Based Cheese (optional)
How To Do It
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Prepare Chia Egg by whisking ingredients together. Set aside and allow to thicken
3. Place pureed cauliflower in a large bowl, add flours and seasonings, stir in Chia Egg
4. Depending on the water content in your Cauliflower you may need to add
additional flour to your dough to thicken a little, either flour will work.
The dough will not be as thick as a typical pizza dough!
5. Spread dough onto either a parchment or silicon baking mat lined baking
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top and bottom has browned nicely
7. Remove from oven and top with prepared pesto, chopped artichokes and any other veggies
you have available! Vegan or Nut based cheeses work great also!
8. Place back in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes
9. Slice and serve!
Additional Fresh Arugula and a good drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes an amazing topping!