Join me for tips, updates and some real
Mind + Body Nourishment!
Download your free Stress Conquering Wellness Guide
Okay so I'm totally going to admit that these creations were not at all intended to be what they ended up being.
(Did somebody say a "gluten & grain free cinnamon bun disaster," yeah that happened)
I decided upon the "life hands you lemons, make lemonade" concept and came up with these little
(ditching the whole batch of precious ingredients was simply not an option!)
So here they are, still packed with protein, healthy fats and definitely grain, gluten and sugar free!
Makes: About 10 squares
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/8 cup Xylitol or Erythritol
(adjust sweetness to taste prior to baking!)
1 Chia Egg
(1 tbsp Chia + 3 tbsp water)
1/8 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 cup Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder
1/8 cup Coconut Milk
Chopped Pecans & Walnuts,
(Toss them with a pinch of Cinnamon & Sea Salt)
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
Pinch Green Leaf Stevia Powder
(more or less to taste)
How To Do It
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all crust ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Melt chocolate ingredients together over low heat, set aside.
4. Adjust crust and chocolate mixture seasoning to taste.
5. Spread crust mixture onto silicone baking mat in a thin layer.
6. Bake 15 mins.
7. Slice into small squares, flip and bake additional 7 mins.
8. Remove from oven, cool slightly.
9. Spread chocolate mixture onto squares, add additional square to layer.
10. Finish layering with chocolate and top with chopped nuts.
11. Chill 30 minutes before serving.
(sneak them in the freezer if you can't wait!)