Join me for tips, updates and some real
Mind + Body Nourishment!
Download your free Stress Conquering Wellness Guide
This tasty blend of fresh Arugula & Basil really is the king of green sauce versatility.
I’ve used it tossed with gluten free pasta and oven roasted veggies, on raw pizzas or wraps, dolloped on top of “creamy” soups
or oven roasted yams, stirred into quinoa for a mediterranean “risotto” style side dish or layered between zucchini noodles
for a killer raw lasagna, the endless pesto possibilities, I seriously can’t get enough of the stuff!
This version uses a coconut / olive oil combo & raw walnuts, offering some great Omega 3 support and all those awesome coconut oil associated benefits!
Makes: 1/2 cup Pesto
Prep Time: 5 minutes
– 1 cup Basil and Arugula Leaves, packed tight
(use more or less of each depending on desired flavor, sweet Basil or peppery Arugula!)
– 1/4 cup Walnuts, raw
– 2 – 3 lg cloves Garlic, peeled
(more or less depending on how garlicky you like it)
– 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
– Fresh Lemon Zest
– Himalayan Sea Salt
– Freshly Ground Black Pepper
How To Do It
1. Combine all ingredients in your blender, add a splash of lukewarm water if pesto is too thick to achieve desired consistency.
2. Taste and adjust seasonings, enjoy!
(This pesto stores great chilled overnight, we find the flavors develop
quite nicely when zipped up ahead of time and allowed to hang out together!)
Some “Extra” Ideas
– Try any combination of fresh Herbs you have on hand, pesto is a great way to use them up!
(a Mint, Cilantro & Lime combo is one of our favorites)
– Experiment with different Nuts & Seeds
– Add re-hydrated Sun dried Tomatoes or organic Sweet Roasted Bell Peppers
- Try Camelina or Flax Oil for great earthy flavors and loads of Omega 3's!